Silicone rubbers are well-established passive samplers of nonpolar compounds.
This is what you need:
- Sampler housing
We recommend the standard housing or the housing for shallow waters that are also used for SPMDs. You can also use your own housing design.
- Silicone rubber sheets
- Our “Silicone rubbers strips – shaped like SPMD” are easily mounted in the housings for SPMDs.
- Our “Silicone rubbers – standard shape” fit the housing that is listed in the ICES guidelines (90×55 mm with 5.5 mm mounting holes that are 33 mm apart)
- We can manufacture sheets of any other shape that fits your specific housing design, using laser cutting technology.
- We recommend the following number of samplers per study.
– exposed samplers: number of sites times replicates per site
– field/trip control samplers: number of sites times 0.2
– fabrication control samplers (for determining initial PRC amounts and blank levels): 4
- PRC spiking
- We can reproducibly spike samplers with PRC, but you can also purchase samplers without PRCs.
- We recommend the following standard set of PRCs:
– PCB 1, 2, 14, 30, 50, 104, 145, 204
- We recommend a spiking level of approximately 100 ng per sampler for PCBs-type PRCs and 300 ng per sampler for deuterated PAHs. Spiking levels can be made higher or lower, depending on your preference.
- The standard set of PRCs can be extended for improved accuracy or modified if needed. Please refer to the options on separate page.
- Check that selected PRCs are not used as analytical internal standards in your laboratory
- Template for calculating aqueous concentrations. Details are given on the order page.